Thursday, October 19, 2017

The Old World Army Challenge

In the last year or so I've been pretty quiet on the Oldhammer front, as I've been involved in Epic and some Sci-Fi skirmish forces. While not exactly finished, my Chaos army is looking pretty good these days and I've managed to play quite a few Oldhammer games with it. Officially it's only missing a unit of Chaos Knights, which I really hope to finish sooner than later.

So this Summer, while playing a game with Chris, my fellow Northeast Oldhammer brother from Vermont, we discussed the idea of creating some kind of challenge to help us embark on a new project. 

The idea lay dormant for a few months until Chris sent me a PM a few weeks ago, inquiring if I was still game. Of course I was. So we set-up some rules and ideas, and we advertised the idea on the Facebook "Oldhammer in the new World" group. I told Chris that, if we managed to get 12 participants, we should call ourselves "The Dirty Dozen", and Chris answered "If we manage to find 12 guys you mean..."

hahaha good times. We actually managed to find 35 guys! Yeah, crazy I know. So I'm now the founder and one of the three Admin of the Old World Army Challenge. Everything you want to know is in the blog, including the rules. It's an entirely different beast from the Analogue Hobby Challenge, in the objective and the rules, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I borrowed some ideas from Curt, especially about the blogging logistics of things.

What do I get out of it? A Goblin army. I've been thinking about doing this army for a long time, but at the same time the numbers involved were terrifying. But I work very well on peer pressure, so that should be the push I need. 

You can read about my project on the blog. Obviously I will also share pics and posts here.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! well...In a couple of weeks I mean..soon come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I some times rise to the occasion and sometimes crash and burn, I am looking forward to this. So much to prepare for this and the Analogue hobbies challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we can motivate you to avoid crashing ;-)

      Delete
  3. Are you going to run this challenge again after the conclusion of the current round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, probably in 6 months or so. Drop me a line at iannickm AT Gmail.com or even better find me on Facebook (Iannick Martin).

      Delete